Walk our boardwalk back in time ad learn about Sausalito’s Other Side of Town. On this one and a half hour walk through town, you learn about our beautiful city’s checkered past, her bootleggers & brothels and the community spirit which makes Sausalito the elegant lady she is today.
While in town visit our
Sausalito Historical Society to see photos of our past.
Daily tours – weather permitting
Surprising Facts About Sausalito
- Did you know that Baby Face Nelson tended bar at a German Beer Garden, the Walhalla, during prohibition?
- Robin Williams was a busboy at a local restaurant, the Trident, which had local music and comedy with Bill Cosby and Lenny Bruce?
- Sally Stanford, a former brothel owner, was our mayor?
- Janis Joplin lived on Bridgeway, right in the middle of town?
- Films such as The Lady From Shanghai with Rita Hayworth and Orson Wells & Woody Allen’s Play it Again Sam were shot here?
- Jack London was inspired by Sausalito when he wrote his novel “Sea Wolf”?
- Sausalito was once bought for $440,000.00?
Walk our boardwalk back in time on Sausalito’s “other side of town” with your colorful, Sausalito resident and guide, Teri.
For more details on our custom tours: Walking Tours Sausalito
At the end of our tour you receive a Sausalito Directory with suggestions for restaurants, attractions and shopping, complimentary from Travels with Teri
Monday – Friday: 11:00AM
Saturday & Sunday: 11:30AM
WHERE: Vina del Mar Plaza (elephants/fountain)
COST:$25.00 per person
24 Hours Advance Reservation Recommended—
Call Same Day, Okay
Call For Same Day Reservations
Group Reservations & Corporate - Advance Reservation Required
Call Now 415-331-3791
For Advance Reservations